tommee tippee™ has launched the Dreammaker – a scientifically proven light and sound sleep aid that recreates the environment of everyone’s first ‘home’, the womb, for enhanced sleep.
Developed with a world-leading sleep laboratory and sleep scientists at Northumbria University, the Dreammaker is a unique, patent-pending sleep aid that relaxes baby, encourages them into a deep sleep and prolongs the length of their slumber.
A quiet sleep environment is unfamiliar to babies and makes it harder for them to fall asleep. That’s why the Dreammaker is a new tech development, rooted in science, that simulates ideal sleep conditions, rather than simulating your baby.
How does the Dreammaker work?
- Pink noise: Mimics the natural sounds of the womb and encourages baby to fall asleep faster, deeper and for longer as it provides them with a comforting, familiar and more natural background noise.
- Red light: Soothes and promotes the production of melatonin, the sleep hormone, without disturbing baby (or parents) once asleep.
- Pulsing glow: The rhythmical pulses of soft light mimic the slow, deep breaths of baby’s relaxed breathing rate, which calms and helps them drift off to sleep.
- Intelligent CrySensor technology: The integrated CrySensor listens out for baby’s cries during the night and automatically turns the device back on to soothe them back to sleep.
- USB powered: Easy to use, simply double tap the ring on the top of the product and select the light, sound and pulse settings to suit your preferences. The device must be connected to the mains to function.
Sleep is crucial to brain function and development – in both babies and parents. And with research revealing the average parent manages 4.4hrs’ sleep during their baby’s first year, it’s never been more important to discover effective ways to enhance each slumber.
Pam Alfonso-Miller M.D., Clinical Director of Sleep Research at Northumbria University, said: “Sleep keeps us grounded, alert and ready for the world. It’s crucial for babies’ growth and development, which is why they do it so much, and innovation like the Dreammaker that supports this process is so important.
We set out to develop a product with tommee tippee™ that would help parents create a calm environment, taking cues from the sonic landscape of the womb. There’s extensive research into how pink noise – the sound of nature – enhances sleep, while red lighting can aid falling asleep faster than a regular bulb. We’re proud to have helped bring the Dreammaker to market, enhancing both babies’ and parents’ sleep cycles.”
The tommee tippee™ Dreammaker is helping parents’ dreams come true by fostering a better night’s sleep – when babies sleep better, parents sleep better too.
The tommee tippee™ Dreammaker is available to purchase RRP £29.99 via Amazon, Argos, John Lewis and Boots, as well as directly from www.tommeetippee.com.
 Research by tommee tippee™, February 2020. Sample size 1,000 parents of 0-5yr olds.